Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Camp Adventure! at Lewis Elementary
Camp Adventure! is a partnership between Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation and the Children’s Museum of Houston, in collaboration with some of Houston’s top corporate and community partners which bring enriched art, science and literacy curriculum to 600 students in Houston. This summer reading camp program is committed to keeping at-risk students from falling victim to the summer reading slide and to keeping young minds inspired and engaged
Camp Adventure! at Lewis Elementary School (HISD) will run from July 22nd through August 1st.
We need your help! We invite you to support this worthy effort through volunteer participation. To help maximize the impact of these summer adventure camps, we’re seeking community-minded individuals and groups (up to 35 per day) to serve as volunteers from 7:30am-3:00 pm. Volunteers will serve as Junior Counselors and help with story times, science experiments and games. Your contribution of volunteer time would be deeply appreciated and needed to ensure the success of Camp Adventure. Lunch will be provided for all full-day volunteers.
There are 2 key steps to registering as a Camp Adventure! volunteer:
- Register to participate as a volunteer by clicking “Express Interest” using the buttons below the dates you are interested in volunteering
- Electronically complete the background screening information form by clicking on this link
- Volunteers will need to submit info to BBHLF for background clearance at least 2 weeks prior to their volunteer date.
- Background screening is a required step to be confirmed as a volunteer, per HISD guidelines. Volunteers who have previously registered with HISD must also complete this link as HISD clears their system after each school year. Volunteers must complete the background screening info using the link above in order to participate as a Camp Adventure! volunteer.
- Upon ‘clearance’ from HISD, volunteers will receive a follow-up email to confirm them as a volunteer.
This opportunity is open to youth 16 years and up, with an accompanying adult.
Please email the opportunity coordinator for links to half-day volunteer opportunities.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: