COVID-19 Volunteer Safety Language
Barbara Bush Houston Literacy Foundation looks forward to resuming volunteer activities and have updated our volunteer health and safety procedures and guidelines. We highly encourage you to review and follow the below safety guidelines before committing your time and talent to further our mission.
If you, or someone you have been in contact with has been confirmed to have COVID-19, feel unwell or have had any of the below symptoms at any point during the two-weeks preceding your volunteer shift, we ask that you unregister for the volunteer opportunity. While we appreciate your willingness help your community during this time, your heath and the health of others is our utmost priority.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Or at least two of these symptoms:
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
In accordance with Judge Lina Hidalgo’s mask order, we ask that you arrive to volunteer wearing a face covering (mask, scarf, bandana etc). We will have masks on hand for those that do not have a mask. Gloves will also be provided and depending on your volunteer role, further instructions on glove wearing procedures will be provided on the day of the volunteer opportunity.
Below are two documents that illustrate proper mask and glove wearing and removal:
While volunteering we ask that you follow universal infection controls (as outlined by the CDC).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water not available, use hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol covering your hands, rubbing them together in they are dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay 6 feet or more away from other volunteers and foundation staff.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering.
- If you cough or sneeze while not wearing a face covering, contain your cough or sneeze in a tissue or the inside of your elbow, then immediately wash your hands or utilize hand sanitizer.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns about volunteering, email email@example.com and we will get back to you!